Steuben, Livingston, Allegany County, NY Homeowners Insurance

Homeowner’s insurance policies differ by which losses are covered, which coverages you choose, and what type of residence you own. You choose which policy is best for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy that covers losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism, and theft of personal property, or whether it’s a policy that covers only specified losses. But all of this can be extremely confusing to approach by yourself, which is why the Genesee Valley Agency offers its services to help others find the right plan for their circumstances. There are many different coverage types, and we can walk you through all of the details.


Coverage Types

Below are explanations of some of the basic coverages found on most home insurance policies. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at the Genesee Valley Agency if you have any questions or need further information about any of these coverage types.


This type of coverage applies to your primary house structure. This coverage will help you repair or rebuild your home if anything should happen to it. Dwelling coverage includes all attached structures, such as an attached garage or porch. Covering the majority of your living area is extremely important if you want to bounce back after something terrible happens to your home.

Your home is the place you return to every night, and you have a responsibility to take care of it. But apart from regular cleaning, maintenance and other routines that you may have, protecting your home in the rare case of an emergency should be on your list. At the Genesee Valley Agency, we understand the importance of finding the right homeowner’s insurance, and we can help you get started.

Other Structures

This coverage covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house, such as a garage, shed, fence, or driveway. Many homes have additional structures that their residents enjoy on a daily basis, and skipping this type of coverage can be a mistake that anyone can make. Many people assume that dwelling coverage applies to their entire home, but you need to insure any separate structures on their own.

If you do not have any separate structures as part of your home, you will not need this type of coverage. However, if you are unsure if a portion of your home is covered under this type of coverage, you can contact the Genesee Valley Agency. We can take a look at your dwelling to let you know if you need this type of insurance or not.

Personal Property

This coverage covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics, and appliances. Personal property coverage can make a huge difference in the event of a large-scale disaster such as a fire. Natural disasters also have a habit of destroying entire homes, and personal property coverage can help you rebuild your life after a devastating event.

Apart from the actual structure of your house, your belongings are the next most valuable asset that you may have. Over the years, everyone acquires different belongings, and some things are very easily replaced if you have the money. This type of coverage is meant to make some of this easier if anything should happen to your home and its contents.

Loss of Use

This coverage covers your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily because your primary home is uninhabitable due to a loss. If you need to rent an apartment or arrange another housing situation, this coverage allows you to do it without dipping into your savings. When something happens to your home, finances are just another thing you have to worry about, but this coverage aims to make things a little bit easier.

In many instances, homes are destroyed or rendered unsafe to live in when an emergency occurs. In these situations, the residents of the space must find alternative accommodation while the sort out their affairs. Loss of use coverage can help make this process easier and less stressful during a very stressful time. The Genesee Valley Agency can walk you through the pros and cons of signing up for this type of coverage if you think you are interested.


Liability coverage provides coverage if you or a covered resident of your household is found legally responsible for injuring someone else or damaging someone else’s property. Homeowners liability insurance can help protect you whether the injury or property damage happens on or away from your property.

Get In Touch For More Information About Homeowner’s Insurance

Your home is the largest investment that you will likely ever make, and it makes sense to take care of that investment in case something happens to it. With homeowner’s insurance, you can prepare for the worst-case scenario by having a Plan B in case something goes wrong. You spend a lot of your life within the confines of your home, and the Genesee Valley Agency can help you find the appropriate coverage to take care of your house. We can let you know about all of the different options and even provide some recommendations for your specific dwelling. Don’t take this on by yourself – contact a professional to make sure you have all of your boxes checked.

I honestly couldn’t ask for a better experience than I’ve had with you. I’ve told multiple people about your branch because the customer service has been superb.
We have been with this agency for many years with no issues whatsoever.
This is an outstanding group of insurance professionals that care about their customers.
You are the best insurance guys ever!!
It’s a pleasure to work with someone so knowledgeable and takes care of business!